As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft Markets GmbH is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. Since 1999 we have been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. Lately we have become one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation. For us the ideas of our 450 committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. Share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world.
Market Operations and IT’s major activities are Energy Management for Statkraft’s European assets including analysis and long term price forecasts and Trading & Origination. In addition the Business Area includes Finance, Risk & Business Support and provides IT services for the whole company.
The Continental Middle Office department is an independent evaluator and communicator of risk and value creation of all market activities in Statkraft, outside the Nordic area. We are responsible for all tools and methodology used in this regard. The team also administers the mandate structure related to market activities from the board of directors down to the individual portfolios, and presents risk and performance to management.
- Develop, operate and maintain risk models for Trading & Origination in particular for option trading
- Report and develop profit & loss and key risk figures for different portfolios in particular option trading
- Monitor market exposure on portfolio level and perform an advisory role with respect to taking new positions
- Improve and run the reporting from our energy trading and risk managment system and option risk framework
- Review Trading related transactions on an ad hoc basis
- Deliver high quality financial reporting (IFRS, German-GAAP) to the accountancy department and management reporting within tight andessential deadlines
- Support the controlling department with variation analysis for different valuations
- Further develop risk methods and policies in cooperation with colleagues across a pan-European risk unit
- University degree in Mathematics, Physics, Finance , or another quantitative study
- Working experience in option risk management or control in an energy market or a trading environment would be an advantage
- Highly analytical, risk understanding, accurate but pragmatic
- Team player, who enjoys working in a dynamic international working environment
- Good IT-skills (programming skills in python would be an advantage) and a genuine interest in working with numbers
- Self-driven and able to take initiative
- Fluent in English (verbally and in writing), German or other language skills are an advantage
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes