As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft Markets GmbH is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. Since 1999 we have been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. Lately we have become one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation. For us the ideas of our 450 committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. Share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world.
Market Operations and IT’s major activities are Energy Management for Statkraft’s European assets including analysis and long term price forecasts and Trading & Origination. In addition the Business Area includes Finance, Risk & Business Support and provides IT services for the whole company.
The Continental Middle Office department is an independent evaluator and communicator of risk and value creation of all market activities in Statkraft, outside the Nordic area. We are responsible for all tools and methodology used in this regard. The team also administers the mandate structure related to market activities from the board of directors down to the individual portfolios, and presents risk and performance to management.
- Your main role will be to analyze and provide transparency to the exposure and risk taken within the option trading activities (gas, power, coal and oil). It includes the following tasks:
- Running, calibrating and developing the necessary risk models
- Ensuring adequate market data quality
- Analyzing market risk exposure as well as the consequence of the option trading activity on FX exposure and liquidity risk for the company
- Monitoring transactions and exposure are within a defined frame and activity contribute to define such frame
- Tight communication with the Front Office with a pro-active sparring and challenger role
- Communicating risk and performance of the trading activity to management and various stakeholders
- Ensuring quality delivery to the financial reporting process
- Developing and documenting the risk methodology, risk framework and policy further in cooperation with other colleagues in the pan-European risk unit
- Contributing to the development of tools and models supporting the risk management of the trading activity.
- University degree in Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, or another quantitative study
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in financial risk management in a trading environment
- Analytical mind-set and ability to communicate well with management and a diverse range of internal stakeholders
- Self-driven pragmatic, creative and able to take initiative and full responsibility for actions & projects
- Result-oriented personality who thinks in terms of solutions
- Fluent in English (verbally and in writing), German or other language skills are an advantage
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes