As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft Markets GmbH is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. Since 1999 we have been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. Lately we have become one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation. For us the ideas of our 450 committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. Share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world.
Market Operations and IT’s major activities are Energy Management for Statkraft’s European assets including analysis and long term price forecasts and Trading & Origination. In addition the Business Area includes Finance, Risk & Business Support and provides IT services for the whole company.
The Risk Management department is an independent evaluator and communicator of risk and value creation of all market activities in Statkraft. Our main responsibility is to report on the performance and to measure market and credit risk within the trading and origination activities. We are responsible for all tools and methodology used in this regard. The Risk department has employees in Oslo, Dusseldorf, Amsterdam and Stockholm and in addition provide support to risk specialist located in India and South America. The ongoing growth in Statkraft activities and the complexity of the portfolios create a most challenging and interesting environment. We are increasing focus on credit risk topics and are looking for a head of the credit risk management team.
- Head and develop a team of 3 credit risk analysts with responsibility for credit rating and CSR check for our Counterparties as well as for credit risk measurement for all European commodity trading activities
- Be a centre of expertise and policy maker for credit rating and credit risk measurement for the Global commodity trading activity of Statkraft including functional support to risk analyst outside Europe
- Ensure a cost efficient process for credit rating and CSR check of our trading counterparties
- Monitor and report the credit exposure stemming from Statkraft industrial customers and from Statkraft trading activities
- Be an advisor towards traders and management with respect to credit risk exposure
- Develop, operate and maintain tools and models to measure and price credit risk
- Further develop methods and policies for managing credit risk
- Contribute to the management team of the Risk department
- University degree in Mathematics, Finance or Engineering
- Professional experience in credit risk management within commodity trading or financial instruments
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills with interest in trading and energy market
- Interest, drive and competence to develop and improve credit risk methodologies and reporting processes
- Interest and competence in IT systems related to credit risk measurement
- Team player, who enjoys working in a dynamic international working environment
- Self-driven and pro-active
- Previous line management experience is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (verbally and in writing), German or other language skills are an advantage
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes