Statkraft is a major player in the international markets where energy and energy-related products are bought and sold. Energy market prices tend to fluctuate and can be affected by many different factors. Our job is to know exactly when to buy or sell a product, and we analyse enormous amounts of data to understand the market mechanisms. We work for a wide range of clients; from small producers selling energy from own power plants, to major industrial companies looking for large and steady supplies of energy, to power distributors looking for vendors.
Statkraft is the first power generator to offer renewable energy source with warranty of origin in Brazil and India. The International Renewable Energy Certificate (I-REC) helps the company to certify the origin of the energy and ensures that the energy was generated in a sustainable way, respecting rules and International Standard REC procedures.
The market operations of Statkraft are performed in the offices of Amsterdam, Belgrade, Düsseldorf, Stockholm, Istanbul, London, New Delhi, Oslo, Rio de Janeiro and Trondheim.
- Extremely qualified professionals with excellent knowledge and careers in energy and financial markets
- Offices located in Rio de Janeiro and in Florianópolis focused on:
- Power Trading and Origination
- Business Development and Structuring
- Renewable generation asset management
Will be the data owner for FO/MO Systems. Responsible for modeling and maintaining databases, writing SQL queries and python scripts to extract and infer information from data. Perform recurrent analysis. Summarize information graphically
The main job challenges are:
- Own and maintain databases used by FO/MO processes and systems. Ensure that data is always correct and updated.
- Automatize and improve processes wherever needed.
- Ensure the regularity of processes, through periodic review, fault identification and correction.
- Monitor the performance indicators (KPIs) and suggest improvements.
- Education: Graduation in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other quantitative areas related to IT.
- Experience with database technologies (MSSQL, Oracle, or similar)
- Experience with Extract Transform Load (ETL) procedures design.
- Mandatory advanced coding / scripting skills in a relevant language (Python preferred).
- Experience using SQL or Python+Pandas, for data manipulation.
- Knowledge on any web scrapping framework.
- Experience operating Linux terminals.
- Software engineering best practices. (Version Control, Testing, etc.)
- Process analysis and modeling
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate and work with information technology (IT) personnel
- Languages: Portuguese (fluent), English (intermediate)
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes