As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft Markets GmbH is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. Since 1999 we have been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. Lately we have become one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
For us the ideas of our 450 committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. Share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world.
IT is responsible for delivering IT services to all units in Statkraft, and has a broad system portfolio consisting of a mix of purchased products and internally developed tools. The department works closely together with the business units, providing business directed IT strategy, product management, project management, tailored development, operations and infrastructure.
You will be part of a team that delivers solution across the value chain of Market Operation, aligning functional and technical requirements, bridging the gap between different stakeholders.
As a Business Analyst IT you will drive initiatives helping the business stakeholder envision the future with a smart mix of current and future IT capabilities.
Your tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure efficient use of IT in business processes
- Promote “smarter” functional solutions and technical architecture
- Bridging the gap between the business requirement and the IT with translation and simplification
- Facilitation, process and project management, helping to start and move initiatives
- Initiate and inspire new IT activities
- Provide functional configuration, development & support for business users
- Be on top of market changes and implications for our system and service portfolio
- Analyze business processes and perform root cause analysis, problem management, solution design and implementation based on deliveries from multiple stakeholder
- University degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study preferable
- Subject matter expertise in agreed processes/areas (e.g. settlement, production planning, data management for analytical and back- office processes, portfolio management, automated trading etc.)
- Be eager to learn about market trends, technological trends and innovation opportunities
- Workshop skills and project management/scrum master experience is an advantage
- Experience working with business analysis and business side scripting, preferably how to translate that into solutions
- Ability to work independently and proactively handle challenges
- Good cooperation and communication skills with the ability to create enthusiasm internally and trust towards partners
- Fluent in English and preferably Norwegian and German
- Be able to think outside of the box, promoting expertise/solutions/options from all areas of IT