Statkraft has adopted a new phase of the Business Ethics and Anti-corruption Compliance programme. In order to ensure effective implementation of all the elements of this programme, there is a need for a Regional Compliance Manager to assist with work in Brazil, Chile and Peru for Statkraft.
The Regional Compliance Manager will contribute to the work to comply with the increasingly demanding legislative frameworks in which we operate, which is the foundation to our license to operate; mitigate the risks Statkraft faces, in particular due to its internationalisation and global exposure; meet the requirements from banks, authorities and other counterparties.
Your role will include:
Collaborate with the countries in the region to ensure adherence to corporate requirements, implementation of corporate initiatives and adequate mitigation of corruption risks, and other related compliance risks (e.g. sanctions, AML, competition law etc.). This should include, but not be limited to:
• Risk assessment, gap analysis and design and implementation of preventative measures: With appropriate intervals, conduct assessments of corruption and compliance risks and assess gaps in mitigation in the various business and staff areas. Design and oversee the implementation of necessary preventative measures to address identified risks.
• Development of new procedures and controls: Provide support for the development of new procedures and controls, to address identified gaps in corruption and compliance risk mitigation.
• Integrity due diligence reviews: Conduct integrity due diligence reviews of potential partners for different business areas. This includes due diligence on M&A processes, which is an important area for the company at the moment.
• Training activities: Deliver business ethics and anti-corruption training in different parts of the company, and coordinate overall implementation of training plans.
• Communication and awareness raising: Provide support for communication and awareness raising activities, such as improvements to the intranet page, internal documents and organisation of events.
The Regional Compliance Manager will collaborate with the Country Compliance Managers, as well as the Compliance Manager for International Hydro business area.
Strong experience in compliance, anti-corruption and anti-fraud investigations, risk assessments and corruption and fraud prevention, with a background either from auditing or legal.
Graduation in Law.
Specialization in Compliance will be a differential
Portuguese (in case we are recruiting from outside of Brazil)
An advanced English language skill is mandatory.
Good knowledge of Spanish would be a benefit.
The Senior Compliance Officer will report to the Corporate Compliance Officer in Oslo, with a dotted line reporting to the Country Manager in Brazil.