Since 2006, Statkraft has invested GBP 1.4 billion in the UK’s renewable energy infrastructure and provided 2.5 GW of renewable energy Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s). Our renewable energy generation assets have a capacity of 900 MW and we are the majority owner and operator of four onshore wind farms.
To strengthen our team, we are now looking for a Wind Farm Technician to support the onshore wind farms in North Scotland. The Technician will primarily be based at Berry Burn Wind Farm near Forres in Morayshire, but will also be expected to work at our other UK wind farms if required. The successful applicant will become a valuable member of a small team in the North of Scotland who deliver the safe, effective operation and maintenance of our wind farms.
- Inspection, repair & maintenance of wind turbine structure and electrical & mechanical components
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of site infrastructure and balance of plant
- You will be expected to participate in task planning, such as method statement and risk assessment generation.
- You will work at heights, and be physically capable of fulfilling the role
- A full driving license is also required
- A self-motivated team player
- You will be prepared to take the initiative when needed
- You will deliver good results according to planning and time constraints.
- Ideally you have experience in a similar role preferably gained on Enercon wind turbines, although training would be given to a suitably qualified electrician with a minimum of 2 year industrial experience.
- Flexibility is essential, as on occasion, the successful applicants may be required to work at our sites in other parts of the UK and possibly overseas.
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.
Interested? Please submit your CV and application via the link within 7 September 2018.