In Germany Statkraft has, since 1999, been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
Market Operations and IT’s major activities are Energy Management for Statkraft’s European assets including analysis and long term price forecasts and Trading & Origination. In addition the Business Area includes Finance, Risk & Business Support and provides IT services for the whole company.
The Continental Middle Office department is an independent evaluator and communicator of risk and value creation of all market activities in Statkraft, outside the Nordic area. We are responsible for all tools and methodology used in this regard. The team also administers the mandate structure related to market activities from the board of directors down to the individual portfolios, and presents risk and performance to management.
- Operate and maintain risk models for Trading & Origination
- Report profit & loss and key risk figures for different portfolios including option trading
- Monitor market exposure on portfolio level and perform an advisory role with respect to taking new positions
- Improve and run the reporting from our energy trading and risk management system and setup for risk control
- Review Trading related transactions on an ad hoc basis
- Deliver high quality financial reporting (IFRS, German-GAAP) to the accountancy department and management reporting within tight and essential deadlines
- Support the controlling department with variation analysis for different valuations
- Cooperate with colleagues across a pan-European risk unit
- University degree in Mathematics, Physics, or another quantitative study
- First working experience in risk management in an energy market or a banking environment would be an advantage
- Highly analytical, risk understanding, accurate but pragmatic working attitude
- Team player, who enjoys working in a dynamic international working environment
- Good IT-skills (programming skills in python would be an advantage)
- Strong quantitative skills to analyse data and a genuine interest in working with numbers
- Self-driven and able to take initiative
- Fluent in English, German or other language skills are an advantage
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes