Market Operations and IT’s major activities are Energy Management for Statkraft’s European assets including analysis and long term price forecasts and Trading & Origination. In addition the Business Area includes Finance, Risk & Business Support and provides IT services for the whole company.
The role of the Risk department is to be an independent evaluator and communicator of risk and value creation of all market activities in Statkraft. Our main responsibility is to report on the performance and to measure market and credit risk within the trading, origination, and asset optimisation activities. We are responsible for all tools and methodology used in this regard. The Risk department has employees in Oslo, Dusseldorf, Amsterdam and Stockholm and in addition provide support to risk specialists located in India and South America. The ongoing growth in Statkraft activities, and the complexity of the portfolios, create a most challenging and interesting environment. We are increasing focus on credit risk topics and are looking for an experienced contributor to the credit risk management team.
- Be the main point of contact for credit risk management and monitoring towards the Nordic region, with responsibility for credit assessments and compliance checks for our Counterparties, as well as for credit risk measurement for all related commodity trading and sales activities.
- Be a proactive sparring partner and centre of expertise towards front office and management with respect to credit risk exposure, including providing negotiation support and possible solutions on credit matters.
- Manage a cost efficient process for credit rating and compliance checks of our counterparties.
- Monitor and report to management the credit exposure stemming from Statkraft industrial customers and from Statkraft trading activities.
- Contribute to improve Statkraft’s credit risk framework and credit risk reporting methodology.
- University degree in Mathematics, Finance or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in credit risk management within commodity trading or financial instruments
- Strong analytical skills with interest in trading and energy market
- Team player, who enjoys working in a dynamic international working environment
- Self-driven and pro-active
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in Norwegian or Swedish and English
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility, and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age, and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and good benefit schemes
The position will be located at the head office in Lilleaker, Oslo, Norway.