In Germany Statkraft has, since 1999, been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
Continental Energy & Market Access unit is responsible for the energy management of Statkraft’s assets in the regions Continental, UK and Turkey; and market access activities in Germany, the UK, Turkey, Belgium and France as well as for all market activities in South East Europe. Market access activities require an end-to-end approach from sales to energy management and settlement/invoicing processes.
Our department is responsible for creating a common scalable approach across market access activities and for commercial modelling and optimisation of own and third party assets in order to extract the maximum value from our short-term portfolio.
The Commercial Analyst will have responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Analyse commodities and markets, improve forecasts, develop bidding and trading strategies to increase the profits from the assets
- Collect and engineer the data necessary for modelling
- Develop and document robust optimisation algorithms and market models and maintain and improve them
- Run challenging projects while coordinating between business, IT and other resources
- Contribute to further developing the business by establishing models and procedures that facilitate extracting the market value of our contracted portfolio
- Actively contribute to the further development and growth of Statkraft’s Market Access business, working closely with various departments
- Support ad-hoc pricing and modelling needs
- University degree in business, natural sciences or engineering
- 2+ years of experience with UK/German Short-term Energy Markets
- 2+ years of modelling and programming experience in PythonStrong analytical skills and a commercial mind set
- Strong cross team collaboration with an ability to effectively influence decisions, direction and outcomes
- Proactive and independent way of working
- Demonstrable achievement within a results-driven, highly ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Experience in project management would be an advantage
- Fluent English skills (oral and in writing)
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.