In Germany Statkraft has since 1999 been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
As part of the Trading & Origination Department, Statkraft’s Origination team located in Düsseldorf concludes non-standard, often complex transactions in wholesale energy markets. The team cooperates closely with all Statkraft’s trading desks and internal units in order to
- Identify, structure and negotiate profitable transactions in power and other energy commodities;
- Originate new markets as well as customers and build lasting relationships;
- Develop profitable whole new business lines, improve systems and models, and
- Optimise and extract the best market value of the Origination portfolio and positions.
Relevant market is entire Europe with the main focus on the German speaking area.
- Support the maintenance and growth of Origination’s customer and counterparty base, take over and develop your own lead
- Identify deal opportunities with German and Western European wholesale counterparties
- Negotiate and close transactions with generation companies, utilities and large industrials
- Pro-actively develop business cases and create the basis for their implementation and realization
- Initiate and service lasting relationships with our customers and understand their requirements
- Follow-up and take advantage of regulatory changes in Germany and neighboring markets
- Support portfolio management, both in position handling and developing the infrastructure
- Be part of a competent team with a wide range of commercial freedom and expertise that generates deal flow at the forefront of our customers
The position is suitable for candidates with front-office experience in commodity trading, asset dispatching and energy management, but talented graduates are also welcome to apply.
- University degree in economics, engineering, mathematics or other
- Relevant working experience and understanding of the energy market is an advantage
- Strong profit drive, entrepreneurial mind-set, self-starter and able to take initiative
- Active communicator with profound communication skills in German and English
- Good quantitative and analytical skills and interest in trading
- Programming experience (e.g. Phython, R, Matlab, VBA or Java) is an advantage
- High level of personal integrity, ability to create lasting business relationships
- Willingness to travel
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.