In Germany Statkraft has since 1999 been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
As part of the Trading & Origination Department, Statkraft’s Origination team concludes non-standard and complex transactions in wholesale energy markets. The team cooperates closely with all Statkraft’s trading desks and internal units in order to
- Identify, structure and negotiate profitable transactions in power and other energy commodities;
- Originate new customers and customers segments as well as new markets and build lasting relationships;
- Develop profitable new business lines and corresponding models,
- Optimise and extract the best market value of the Origination portfolio and positions.
Relevant market is entire Europe with the main focus on the German speaking area.
- Identify deal opportunities with German and European industrial customers and wholesale counterparties
- Work intensively with your key customer segment, understand their requirements and originate new, lasting customer relationships especially with industrial customers across Europe
- Negotiate and close profitable transactions with large industrial customers, generation companies and utilities
- Pro-actively develop business cases and create the basis for their implementation and realization
- Have your focus on non-standardized transactions and involve yourself in the implementation
- Follow-up and take advantage of regulatory changes in Germany and neighboring markets
- Be part of a competent team with a wide range of commercial freedom and expertise that generates deal flow at the forefront of our customers
The position is suitable for experienced candidates with front-office experience in Origination, sales and commodity trading.
- Relevant working experience (>3 years) in energy industry
- University degree in economics, engineering, mathematics or other
- Existing sound network within the (large) industrial customer segment, access to the decision takers and detailed understanding of their needs
- Proven track record, especially with industrial customers
- Strong commercial and profit drive, entrepreneurial mind-set, self-starter and able to take initiative
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in German and English (oral and in writing)
- High level of personal integrity, ability to create lasting business relationships
- Willingness to travel
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.