The electricity landscape is changing rapidly as do the value pockets for existing and new power plants. Future renewable expansion plans as well as yet uncertain developments in the battery or electric vehicle sector will influence the composition of asset portfolios in the sector. Lately, we have seen consolidation within power generation and changing ownership of assets. Which type of power plants will yield the highest profit in the future?
Statkraft’s Asset Portfolio team is in the heart of this debate, following closely (new) long term developments, and actively proposing new portfolio compositions. We are responsible for our flexible asset position in Continental Europe and UK. We re-shape our exposure according to Statkraft’s market view, capabilities and the available opportunities. We cooperate closely with Statkraft’s M&A, project development and trading teams to achieve the desired portfolio composition. The team is located in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Simulating the value of power plants as well as long term contractual positions for all accessible value pools (wholesale market, value of flexibility, capacity market, etc)
- Quantitatively evaluate the impact of market/regulatory developments and proactively deliver decision proposals on asset specific and asset portfolio composition decisions
- Support M&A processes on the evaluation of expected future revenue streams for power plants in any continental European electricity market
- Developing our quantitative asset valuation toolbox further
- Work closely and collaborate closely with other Statkraft functions such as Power Generation, Energy Management, Corporate Functions
- You will actively drive the change of Statkrafts portfolio composition by quantitative means and you will have responsibility from day one!
- Excellent team-player with very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in engineering, economics, business or science
- Strong modelling and programming skills
- Very strong analytical mind-set,
- Ability to translate complex analysis into concrete recommendations and actions
- Strong commitment to perform and to deliver results
- Very proactive way of working
- Fluency in English Spanish or Italian is an advantage
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Join us and combine cutting edge methods and teamwork with decades of experience in power market analysis!
Please apply through our online application form.