In Germany Statkraft has since 1999 been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
As part of the Trading & Origination Department, the Long-Term Portfolio Team manages a long-term portfolio of third-party contracts across European power markets, typically tailor-made Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and long-term sales contracts to large end customers. The team is responsible for the origination, structuring, pricing and portfolio management of such deals, with team members located in Oslo, Stockholm, London and Düsseldorf. Statkraft started trading Polish power on PGE in 2017 and set to significantly grow its portfolio of originated third-party contracts in Poland in the years to come.
You will be located in Dusseldorf and be active in the portfolio management of all Continental European positions while having a special focus on the Polish market. Your activities will include:
- Play a pivotal role in the building up and scaling up of our portfolio of non-standard power contracts in the Polish market, including the set-up of state-of-the art portfolio management infrastructure
- Work closely with deal originators for new deal origination, structuring and pricing
- Optimize the value of the continental portfolio in the long-/mid- and short-term markets via OTC and screen trading, develop convincing trade recommendations that help us exploit market opportunities and enhance portfolio returns within the limits of our mandate
- Develop both quantitative and fundamental view of relevant power markets along the entire curve, liaising closely with team members and analysis functions to share know-how and market views
- Proactively manage the information flow with main stakeholders by engaging yourself in in-depth discussions with fellow portfolio managers and originators and internal and external analysts
- Constantly improve modelling tools and optimization approach
- Deal with day-to-day administrative issues related to the portfolio
- Liaise closely with risk department / middle office on PnL and risk reporting
- Support back-office and IT departments when implementing new systems and procedures
- University degree in mathematics, economics, engineering, finance or statistics, with very good results
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in energy markets, of which min. 3 years in a trading or portfolio management role, preferably previous commercial experience in the Polish power market and other Continental European markets
- In depth understanding of Continental European power markets, power trading and risk management
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills; state-of-the art know-how in pricing of structured, non-standard contracts in power markets
- Strong commercial mind-set and high level of initiative and motivation
- Reliable team player with excellent communication skills in English; Polish language proficiency is a plus
- Flexible, accurate and capable of further developing the business
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Please note that applications in German language are welcome.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.