In Germany Statkraft has since 1999 been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
The Business Area Markets and IT has its major activities in the Energy Management for Statkraft’s European assets including analysis and long term price forecasts, and Trading & Origination. In addition the Business Area includes Finance, Risk & Business Support and provides IT services for the whole company.
The role of the risk department is to be an independent evaluator and communicator of risk and value creation of all market activities in Statkraft. Our main responsibility is to report on the performance and to measure market, credit, and liquidity risk within the trading, origination, and asset optimisation activities. We are responsible for all tools and methodology used in this regard. The Risk department has employees in Oslo, Dusseldorf, Amsterdam and Stockholm and in addition provide support to risk specialists located in India and South America. The ongoing growth in Statkraft activities, and the complexity of the portfolios, create a most challenging and interesting environment. We have recently reorganized and established separate market risk teams dedicated to follow up market risk by business activities. To head these three market risk teams located across Europe, we are currently looking to hire an experienced leader that will be part of the middle office management team. The position will be located at our Statkraft office in Düsseldorf.
- Ensure independent evaluation and good communication of market risk and value creation for portfolios in the business area Markets and IT
- Lead 3 direct reports with a total responsibility for a team of up to 20 employees.
- Risk management activities are focussed on trading, origination, and asset optimisation across European commodity markets, both in terms of standard and structured transactions
- Contribute to the development of all of Middle Office (MO) as part of the MO management team
- Be the main point of contact and sparring partner for management related to market risk control and monitoring in Europe.
- Ensure efficient operations and decision processes
- Administrate the commercial mandate structure of Front Office for European market operations
- Oversee and facilitate the assessment of new deal types and business proposals
- Support M&A and construction cases where market risk needs to be assessed and priced
- Own and maintain the operative VaR and EaR models used by Middle Office
- Develop direct reports and relevant teams, and steer resource planning
- Ensure that the market risk teams are the centre of expertise on market risk in Middle Office, including illiquid product horizons, and facilitate support or sharing of knowledge across the organisation
- University degree within Mathematics, Finance, Business, or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-10 years professional leadership experience with a strong proven track record related to market risk and preferably within commodity instruments
- Strong analytical mind-set in combination with strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent team building and collaboration skills, with experience in an international context
- Self-driven and proactive way of working
- Fluent communication skills in English, both orally and written. Knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese or another European language would be beneficial
- Travelling will be required as employees are located in several European Statkraft offices
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.