The position is in a team of experienced senior IT architects in charge of global architecture, covering end user computing, private and public cloud infrastructure platform. Participation in a wide range of initiatives to improve and empower how our employees can be more mobile, work smarter and utilize new technology, is a vital part of the team objectives. The team is part of a large IT organization of more than 150 employees delivering services globally in 17 countries from own modern datacenters and public cloud.
Advanced use of IT is the foundation for Statkraft’s present and future position as one of the most competitive global players in the energy industry. We have a genuine belief in the value of the best possible cooperation between business and IT. The company expands both within the energy marked and in new countries resulting in need for extending the IT services fast and increase support for better collaboration and mobility in a secure way. Additionally, it is important that the IT function delivers agile, modern and cost-effective IT services that supports the high business growth.
As architect for the end user computer platform your main responsibility will be engineering of a secure modern end user platform delivering roadmaps, architecture, design and implementation. You will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and future enhancements of the platform, evaluate how they fit to Statkraft’s needs, and secure that they are implemented in a way that improves mobility, collaboration and usability. The position covers following areas:
- Microsoft client platform lifecycle.
- Microsoft Office products, including relevant Office 365 platform.
- Mobile device management solutions, present these are AirWatch and Microsoft Intune.
- Workstations hardware lifecycle, desktops, laptops, 2+1 devices.
- Tablets, presently iPads.
- Deployment solutions for client applications.
- Workstation and device security.
- Mobile phones: supported models, security, services delivered.
- Follow up the quality of services delivered by sourcing partner.
- Introduction of new tools and features and see to that they are used accordingly.
- Participation in development projects and digitalization initiatives.
- Drive the development of the end user compute platform.
We are seeking a senior profile with extensive experience from upgrade, design and implementation of end user client solutions in global organizations.
- University degree and at least 5-10 years of experience within the described areas.
- Performed several upgrades and implementations of Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Deep architectural knowledge of the Microsoft Windows client platform, especially Windows 10.
- Deep knowledge on securing workstations and devices.
- Deep knowledge of supporting infrastructure like AD, SCCM, DCs, OpenDNS and such.
- Experienced in implementing and improving the usage of Microsoft Office products functionality.
- Experienced from lifecycle management of client applications.
- Experienced with license management and software asset management.
- Experienced from HW selection and certification.
- Good knowledge with Mobile Device Management solutions
- Good knowledge from client applications on Citrix platform.
- Good knowledge on the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
- Very good design and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL process framework
- Fluent communication skills in both Norwegian / one of the Scandinavian languages and English
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
The position is located in Oslo. Some travelling must be expected.