Business Development Role
Statkraft is a wholly owned by the Norwegian state and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy with over 12 GW renewable assets in operation. With a Total annual power production of 66 TWh with a 97% renewable percentage, has operated in the UK since 2006.
Statkraft is the leading Power Purchase Agreement ‘PPA’ provider in the UK. Originating as the Norwegian State Utility the Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations with 3500 employees in 17 countries.
Statkraft has developed a unique on-site solar proposition, specifically targeting the largest stand-alone consumers of energy, ‘blue-chip’ corporates and ‘government’ entities. The core principals of the proposition are as follows:
- Statkraft build, own and operate the solar installations that are located on the Customers' premises, so no up-front investment is required for the customer. (Hassle free for the Customer.)
- Customer achieves 20-25% day one savings in comparison to supplied grid power price.
- The contractual lengths that will be executed are in excess of 20 years.
- Clear “additional” renewable benefits – zero carbon supply to Customers from on-site renewable energy.
- Roll out programme to do on multiple sites with a framework agreement by subcontracted installers to high quality.
- Opportunities to cross sell power supply, power optimisation and upsell batteries for using own generated power at night.
- Complex sales process with executive level negotiation and long lead times.
Must have a strong consistent record of closing deals with large organisation over complex sales cycles
- Sales style:
- Experience of selling large ticket, long term deals
- Ability to learn new power market concepts, legal structures, property law
- Deal with complex sales processes with multiple stakeholders with contrasting needs
- Able to build strong customer relationships over a long sales cycle
- Able to cross sell and upsell
- Advantage in having existing blue chip UK network of customers
- Advantage if some experience of power industry
- Sales closure experience is key
- Good team working spirit
- A Level / University Education
- 5-10 years of corporate and/or Government sales experience
- Strong understanding of contract negotiation and execution
- Efficient, independent, pro-active and good team player
- Good communication and presentation skills (Executive Level)
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes and uncapped bonus structure
The position will be located at the UK head office in Moorgate, London.
Please apply via our website attaching your detailed CV