In Germany Statkraft has, since 1999, been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
What we do:
The Operations team consists of 10 committed employees and is responsible for the scheduling and balancing of Statkraft’s physical energy position (both gas and power) in over 30 Continental European market areas. Through our contacts with transmission system operators and exchanges, our knowledge of rules and regulations regarding scheduling and our logistics software, we are supporting our front office developing and setting up new products or new markets.
Furthermore, the team monitors critical data flows and provides first-hand support to the trading desks. We are also trading gas day ahead and within day on several European Gas Hubs. The Operations team members are working during normal office hours, as well as on weekends and public holidays.
- You are responsible for the accurate handling of all logistics related to Statkraft’s energy position in Continental Europe.
- Lead and manage our well-coordinated and experienced operations team. The multi-national team currently consists of 10 employees.
- With your strong IT and/or project management background you improve and streamline the systems needed in order to support a complex and growing energy operation across all of Europe.
- Contribute to the development of new products in close cooperation with the commercial departments
- Organize and align efficient interfaces with IT and back office.
- Develop and maintain external interfaces to Power/Gas Exchanges, Capacity Offices and transmission system operators.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and learning within a team that works in shifts.
What you bring along:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the energy sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of market rules and regulations in various European countries
- A proven background in managing operational workflows and processes
- Strong IT or project management background
- Excellent people skills and the ability to lead a team of highly skilled and motivated operators
- Proactive, high level of integrity, and reliable with structured way of working
- Strong communication skills paired with intercultural competence
- Language skills: Fluent English required, good German skills preferable, any other languages are a plus.
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Please note that applications can be submitted in English or German.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.