Nordic Software Development is a specialist software development team in Statkraft that delivers class leading software for all business areas in Statkraft. Some examples are:
- Delivering customized solutions to the Energy management process that optimizes the sales of our renewable power on the spot and reserve markets
- Working with the construction and maintenance teams that build and operate our power plants on using machine learning to optimize maintenance.
- Work with our many analysis teams to help develop their tooling and automating time consuming manual processes
On a technical level we deliver a wide range of solutions ranging from web applications to advanced analytics tools.
Custom software development is essential for Statkraft to remain a market leader in renewable energy production and we are now looking for great people to join our software development team. If you enjoy challenging yourself and working in a competitive industry where technology is evolving the business we operate in, then we would love to talk to you. If you are motivated by working for a company that is a key part of the solution for creating an environmentally sustainable society then Statkraft is the company for you.
As part of the team you will have the opportunity to work closely with business users in many aspects of the company and will learn a lot about producing, selling and maintaining renewable power assets as well as many types of analysis of everything from hydrology, power markets and preventive maintenance.
- Work as part of our analytics team that supports business scripters with tooling and API’s that are used to perform advanced analytics throughout the whole company
- Work together with the business users to develop advanced algorithms that solves complex business problems
- Develop API’s for exposing large volumes of data from a wide range of sources
- Help shape Statkraft’s digital future when working with new trends like big data, machine learning, predictive analytics etc.
- Several years coding experience
- High level of python understanding or similar scripting language
- Eager to learn about new trends and technologies
- Good social and communication skills
- Fluent in English and preferably Norwegian
- Pro-active team player who feels responsible and enjoys challenging themselves
Other useful skills:
- Good knowledge of .net development
- Experience within a range of analytics
- Understanding of time series database design
- Web development
- C++ experience
- Good knowledge of mathematics/statistics
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
We evaluate candidates and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis, and end the recruitment process as soon as we have the right candidate.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.