In Germany Statkraft has, since 1999, been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
What we do:
The “Accounting, Tax & Internal Control” department in Düsseldorf is responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting of Statkraft Germany Group according IFRS and German GAAP. Further focus is on principle based tasks, both IFRS and German GAAP, and development of existing internal controls related to accounting process. Furthermore, the department is the contact for international legal entities of the segment Markets & Operations regarding accounting relevant topics.
- Implement IFRS accounting policies and group financial reporting requirements across the legal entities of the segment (mainly Continental Europe) including alignment with headquarters’ Accounting Principle department. The focus is on IFRS 9, IFRS 16 and IFRS 15, respectively.
- Provide accounting and financial reporting advice for new products, business models and new investments and respond to queries from other departments and senior management.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of contracts measured at fair value, align closely with Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office to understand and explain changes in the valuation and identify possible difference between IFRS and German GAAP treatment (IFRS 9 and § 254 HGB).
- Support due diligence engagements in Continental Europe, business reviews and investment cases.
- Take on the finance manager role for satellite entities and represent the interest of the company in joint ventures and other business interests
- Participate in groupwide and lead (local) projects in finance. This can include, for example, cross department projects for process improvements.
- Respond to ad hoc queries
- Participate in IFRS month end closing processes for German subgroup and in the preparation of statutory financial reporting according German GAAP (HGB).
- Train and coach colleagues on specific technical topics and ensure knowledge is transferred in the team.
- You hold a university or technical degree in finance with a focus on accounting or you are a certified/qualified accountant
- You have at least 3-5 years’ experience in financial reporting in an international company or audit firm. Experience in the energy industry or from a trading environment is preferred but not essential
- You have advanced knowledge of IFRS and possibly US GAAP and have experience in valuation techniques (discounted cash flow, fair value analysis)
- Your level of English is very good, if not excellent; preferably you are also conversant in German
- You should be a good team player, assisting colleagues where necessary; be comfortable communicating with others and be used to reaching out across departments, countries and cultures to achieve common goals
- Experience of working in a matrix function or flat hierarchical organisation is a plus.
- You are accustomed with ERP systems, ideally SAP.
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Statkraft - why join us? from Statkraft