In Germany Statkraft has, since 1999, been an active trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates and a broad range of structured products. We are one of the leading players and service providers in managing distributed energy generation.
What we do:
Statkraft is the market leader in integrating renewables in Germany and the UK. In total, Statkraft manages over 15.000 MW of renewable capacity across Europe. On the back of this green portfolio Statkraft engages in tailor-made structured contracts with customers, typically large industrial clients or municipalities in Central Europe. These contracts are of long-term nature and contain complexities stemming from the combination of volume and market price risks. The portfolio management is done by front office using standard hedging products as well as non-standard contracts to source energy for the customers and mitigate market risk. The market risk team plays an active role in analyzing, communicating and managing the risk from these activities to contribute to the successful operation of Statkraft’s origination portfolio.
- Responsibility: You will take over responsibility for independent evaluation, monitoring and communication of market risk and value creation from Statkraft’s Origination portfolio in Europe.
- Make an impact: Right from the beginning, you will be able to influence our process design, systems and internal routines in highly professional and operative surroundings.
- Creativity: You will develop and implement risk management and monitoring approaches for new markets, products and business strategies. You will work closely together with our origination department, responsible for managing tailor-made contracts to customers across Europe. This business introduces new challenges to the risk management team which will be solved in close collaboration with the front office departments.
- Innovation: You will analyze new product ideas before entering the market. Your responsibility is to provide transparency on the risks being taken in our daily business, in which you will be the main interface towards key internal stakeholders, such as senior management. Your input on the risk picture will help structuring the products in the best way for Statkraft.
- Digitalization: Contribute to the development and automation of reports and the corresponding processes within the team. Use the access to databases to create risk analysis for all relevant markets and products by means of Python.
- Learning on the job: As a member of the market risk team you will collaborate with colleagues who follow up similar portfolios in other markets. Daily work with them will introduce you rapidly to all aspects of risk management in Statkraft and the specifics of our portfolio.
- Above average university degree in Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Engineering or another quantitative study
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in risk management, preferably within energy markets
- Coding and programming experience (e.g. Python, Matlab or R)
- Proactive team player with integrity
- Good communication skills and confident approach towards internal stakeholders
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Note that applications can also be submitted in German.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Statkraft - why join us? from Statkraft