Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 3500 employees in 15 countries.
The main activities of the Business Area Market Operations & IT are energy management for Statkraft’s assets, trading & origination and market access services in Europe, South America and India. In addition the business area contains local business support, finance & risk support, and IT services. In M there are 750 employees. The market operations of Statkraft are performed in the offices of Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Stockholm, Istanbul, London, New Delhi, Oslo, Rio de Janeiro and Trondheim.
The Market operations of Statkraft Brazil is performed in Rio de Janeiro.
- Extremely qualified professionals with excellent knowledge and careers in energy and financial markets
- Offices located in Rio de Janeiro and in Florianópolis focused on:
- Power Trading and Origination
- Business Development and Structuring
- Renewable generation asset management
- To synthesize analyzes of the Brazilian energy market, including the free and regulated markets (ACL and ACR), to monitor and identify business opportunities in energy commercialization, through the updating of the electric sector, through research and studies in the area, to present the results to the Board and Councils.
- Provide analytical summaries and graphs of information regarding the main factors that influence the future energy market, through the software tool that the company has.
- Maintain and develop the specific (technical) knowledge of the area in the Brazilian electricity sector, through the exchange of information and discussions with the team.
- Ensure customer service, assessing new customer-area demands on the content and form of information and analysis provided.
- Evaluate the need and usability of new market intelligence resources, seeking in the market improvements in tools or knowledge.
- Manage the pricing team by coordinating the use of forecasting tools and input data sources for forecasting, ensuring the quality of input data and mathematical models.
- Coordinate the tests (backtesting) of the proprietary forecast models, giving the expected result with the realized.
- Ensure analytical efficiency and assertiveness of prepared reports through the creation and management of databases.
- Promote the improvement of the quality and usability of products, coordinating the expansion and comprehensiveness of existing products in the area of market intelligence.
- Graduated on Business Administration, Engineering or Economics. Master, PhD, MBA or similar qualification is required.
- Strong Experience in team management and price analysis;
- Fluent English
- Desirable Knowledge:
- Brazilian Electrical Sector.
- CCEE Marketing rules
- Formation of energy prices in the Brazilian electricity market
- Regulation of the Brazilian Electricity Sector
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes