Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 3500 employees in 15 countries.
The main activities of the Business Area Market Operations & IT are energy management for Statkraft’s assets, trading & origination and market access services in Europe, South America and India. In addition the business area contains local business support, finance & risk support, and IT services. In M there are 750 employees. The market operations of Statkraft are performed in the offices of Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Stockholm, Istanbul, London, New Delhi, Oslo, Rio de Janeiro and Trondheim.
The Market operations of Statkraft Brazil is performed in Rio de Janeiro.
- Extremely qualified professionals with excellent knowledge and careers in energy and financial markets
- Offices located in Rio de Janeiro and in Florianópolis focused on:
- Power Trading and Origination
- Business Development and Structuring
- Renewable generation asset management
- Boost company profit by identifying customer counterparts and opportunities for the portfolio, developing new products and creative solutions;
- Increase market reach and brand strengthening of Statkraft in Brazil, developing solid business relationships with customers;
- Increase Statkraft's added value by supporting the various areas of business development (IP and M);
- Increase the soundness of business execution through the development of Master Agreements with Customers.
- Job Challenges (Describe the most challenging or complex parts of the job)
- Constant innovation and new product development: unceasingly developing new business transaction opportunities and profitable business models.
- Networking: development and maintenance of commercial relations with the main actors of the Brazilian Electric Sector.
- Assess portfolio risk vs. market opportunities
- Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration
- Strong experience within Energy Trading
- Desirable Knowledge:
- General knowledge about the Brazilian electricity sector (ANEEL, ONS, CCEE)
- Brazilian Trading rules;
- Portfolio risk and performance;
- Pricing of financial assets;
- Pricing of financial derivatives: futures, forwards, swaps and options;
- Pricing of assets and physical derivatives of energy commodities;
- CCEE Marketing Rules;
- Good knowledge of regulation of the Brazilian Electricity Industry;
- Trading Market Practices;
- Fluency in Portuguese and Advanced English, additional language skills welcome
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes