Statkraft recently announced its new corporate strategy, with the aim to strengthen its position as a leading renewable energy company. Statkraft is already the largest producer of renewable energy in Europe and is planning to develop an additional 4 GW onshore wind capacity and about 2 GW solar power within 2025. The growth is mostly planned in Europe (namely France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands), and we are pursuing both organic growth as well as potential M&A opportunities to reach the target.
The business area European Wind and Solar (E) is responsible for development and ownership of wind and solar assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and development of new business opportunities.
- Originates project opportunities and develops a pipeline of solar PV/Wind projects in Iberia Region with a particular focus in Portugal.
- Evaluate renewable energy project opportunities in Iberia and complete initial due diligence assessments.
- Leads deal structuring and commercial negotiations with local developers for greenfield development engagements and identification of brownfield opportunities in Iberia Region with a particular focus in Portugal.
- Follow-up of development of Statkraft project portfolio in Iberia.
- Collaborate and perform required development activities to ensure a successfully delivery of Statkraft project portfolio until reaching RtB status, working with internal teams in providing further assistance during construction and COD of the projects.
- Effectively and professionally manages relationships with external stakeholders, including development partners, public entities (state, regional and local), legal and technical advisors, etc, and land-owners and with internal stakeholders in Statkraft to comply with corporate processes.
- Responsibility for the economics of the projects including costs and revenues.
Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in the following areas:
- Development – Deep understanding of ‘greenfield’ development process for solar PV and wind farm projects in Iberia with particular focus on Portugal (including site control, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.). Good knowledge of associated business development costs.
- Management – Good Project Management skills.
- Energy Markets - Knowledge of the electricity market in Iberia, including but not limited to interaction with grid operators and distribution companies, knowledge of the Spanish regulation and development roadmaps
- PV/Wind Technology - Demonstrated knowledge of solar photovoltaic (PV) technology and costs (e.g. panels, WTGs BOS, EPC, O&M).
- Corporate Environment – Excellent team player with very good interpersonal and communication skills. Fully accustomed to work in an international corporate environment, strictly following internal processes, respecting compliance policies, etc.
- Language - Fluency in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Professional and personal development in an exciting European energy company.
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation.
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background.
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form. This position is situated in our spanish office in Madrid.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
Statkraft - why join us? from Statkraft on Vimeo.