Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4000 employees in 16 countries. Our aim is to become a leading developer of onshore wind and solar projects, taking on a significantly larger number of projects than before.
Corporate Legal currently consists of about 40 lawyers and has offices in Oslo, London, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Cork, Tirana, Istanbul, Delhi, Lima, Florianopolis and Santiago. Due to continued growth; we are now seeking an additional Senior Legal Counsel resource due to continued expansion and growth to provide high quality legal advice and legal risk management for the business in Ireland.
Statkraft Ireland are delighted to be working on an exclusive partnership with Barden to support the hire of a new Senior Legal Counsel based in their Irish offices at Cork Airport Business Park. All suitable applicants for the role will be shared directly with our recruitment consultant Kiara Daly, Partner. For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Senior Legal Counsel; your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide legal analysis and advice related to renewable energy projects in Ireland, inter alia, on land issues, planning & licensing regulations, contract law, energy regulatory law, trading and customer contracts and disputes.
- Drafting, reviewing and participating in negotiations of contracts.
- Proactively identify legal risks related to a matter and legal risks affecting the Statkraft Group as a whole, and recommend measures for mitigating such risks.
- Manage relationships with external legal counsel.
- Excellent degree and Irish law qualified (an additional UK qualification would be a bonus but no pre-requisite)
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial legal work from top tier law firms and/or in-house (particularly strong candidates with less PQE may be considered)
- Strong knowledge of land law, planning & licensing regulations, contract law, energy regulatory law and trading and customer contracts.
- Experience of managing external law firms.
- A self-aware, self-confident individual who has well developed listening skills and a strong ability to provide proactive advice.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Hard working, efficient, independent and solution-oriented personality.
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, strong negotiation skills.
- Proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently and efficiently on a portfolio of high-quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Very high personal integrity and ethical standards.
Candidates with the following experience are encouraged to apply although it is not a pre-requisite for otherwise strong candidates:
- Experience of negotiating with landowners’ legal representatives and third parties such as utility companies and governmental departments.
- Drafting site and lease agreements.
- Leading and managing real estate due diligence regarding the option agreements for leases of project sites and producing or reviewing due diligence reports regarding lease and title documentation.
- Drafting and negotiating the property sections of sale and purchase agreements.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth.
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation.
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background.
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.