This position is placed in the business area Markets & IT (M), which has 800 employees in Europe, South America, India and USA. M’s major activities are energy management for Statkraft’s asset fleet, analysis, trading & origination and IT.
The Finance & Risk unit includes an international risk department to which the local middle office’s in South America and India functionally report to. The Middle Office’s responsibility is to be an independent evaluator and communicator of risks and value creation in Statkraft’s market activities. The Middle Office team also keeps track of the mandate structure ultimately given by the board of directors related to market activities and down to the individual operational portfolios and communicates risks and performance to management.
Role and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the interface between the European risk functions and the local middle offices.
- Sparring partner towards the front office, and the European risk functions.
- Responsible for reviewing and advising on risk and profit and loss models used in the different local organisations.
- Review and advice on local risk and feasibility assessments, whether it is in line with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Review and discuss the risk, feasibility, and performance of different portfolios/products on a regular basis with various stakeholders.
- Review and align the risk methodology and policies/procedures of the local Middle Office teams in South America and India.
- Administrate and facilitate the mandate approval process of new deal types and business proposals.
- As needed support M&A and cases where market risk and or credit risks need to be assessed and priced.
- Be a risk culture ambassador in the organisation through continuous communications and knowledge sharing.
- University degree in mathematics, econometrics, finance, engineering, or physics
- Certifications (GARP ERP, FRM, CFA etc) would be a plus.
- Relevant experience of at least 5 years, ideally in a financial risk management role in a trading environment or in quant / mathematical finance / data analytics intensive domains.
- Strong risk governance and management experience with expertise in market and credit risks.
- Quantitative modelling and structured finance knowledge. Exposure to energy/power sector will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical mind-set and commercially aware
- Self-driven and pro-active.
- Team player, who enjoys working in a dynamic international working environment.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis to South America and India.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English (verbally and in writing), Spanish or Portuguese is an advantage.
- Can communicate clearly complex issues
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.