Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
The Back Office Europe & US (MFB) is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, accruing, revenue accounting operations, and EU regulatory reporting for all trading and most origination transaction across Europe. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and Finance units.
The Back Office Trading Europe & US department is responsible for the end-to-end process of all Back Office procedures for Trading products in Europe & US. Responsibilities include trade control and deal validation, deal confirmation, invoicing, accruals, PnL reconciliation, external counterparty relations and support of new products implementations for various Statkraft entities.
- Lead the Back Office Trading Europe & US unit inspiring the teams for constant innovation and continuous improvement
- Lead and empower team members in how to operate, maintain and develop methods, tools and processes to support development in the department
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communication to our commercial teams and stakeholders throughout different geographies in Statkraft
- Ensure robust and cost-efficient processes for the entire Back Office Trading in Europe & US
- Efficient and effective change management for processes and systems
- Support and contribute our strategic decision and initiatives
- Follow up on the unit’s KPIs, engage the team in continuous improvement and promote operational excellence
- Serving as a coach and a sparring partner for the managers of the subunits
- Master Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Quantitative Studies
- Minimum 7 years work experience in Back Office deliveries for different trading products and commodities in the Energy Market, Banks or Trading companies
- Excellent understanding of the life cycle of deals for Cleared, Exchange traded, collateral management, and OTC
- Good knowledge and understanding of trading systems like Murex, Trade confirmation system eCM, financial systems like SAP
- Profound leadership experience, preferably in a multinational environment with a proven track record in coaching, developing and motivating staff
- Fluent communication skills in English, any additional European language like Norwegian, German or Dutch are an advantage
- Excellent communication and networking skills in a multi-cultural environment and across various geographies
- Willingness to travel frequently, key stakeholders are located in different countries
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire. The position is located in Düsseldorf.
Statkraft - why join us? from Statkraft on Vimeo.