Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
The Back Office Europe & US is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, accruing, revenue accounting operations and EU regulatory reporting for all trading and most origination transaction across Europe. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and Finance units.
The Exchange & Collateral Management unit within Back Office is responsible for the processing of all exchange and collateral management related deals from deal validation to the payment process. An end-to-end understanding and professional centre of competence of these functional areas in the Back Office processes must be ensured.
The department will manage an adequate interface towards Statkraft’s Clearing Banks, Clearing Houses and Power exchanges as well as internal stakeholders in operational aspects. Our entities operate around 25 power exchanges and soon more to come. The team covers processes and tasks for different Statkraft entities and locations.
- Lead, empower and inspire the Exchange & Collateral Management team
- Ensure robust and cost-efficient processes for Exchange & Collateral Management
- Understand, implement and manage changes in processes and facilitate efficient and new implementations in the Exchange & Collateral Management arena
- Continuously seeking to increase the scalability of existing and newly implemented processes in the team
- Keep sound relationship and communication with geographically spread stakeholders
- Provide technical knowledge and advice towards traders and management with respect to Exchange & Collateral Management
- Operate, maintain and develop the methods, tools and processes of the department
- Inspire constant innovation and creativity in the Exchange & Collateral Management team
- Follow up on the team KPIs, engage the team in continuous improvement and promote and apply operational excellence tools
- Serve as a coach and a sparring partner for the team
- Support and promote cross-department cooperation and empowerment of the team
- University degree in Business Administration, Banking, Economics or quantitative studies
- Minimum 5 years work experience with Back Office processes for Clearing, Exchange & Collateral Management in the energy market, a bank or trading house, from deal validation procedures to processes and implication for financial reporting results
- Very good understanding of commodity trading products and the life cycle of a deal
- Working experience with trading and Financial Systems like Murex and SAP (SAP FI) would be an advantage
- Ability to lead and inspire team members for continuous improvements and innovative ways of working
- Leadership experience with a team preferable, proven track of leading important projects or initiative with good results
- Ability to build effective relations in a multi-cultural environment and across various locations in the organization
- Excellent English communication skills, additional knowledge of German/Norwegian would be an advantage
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire. This position is based in Düsseldorf.
Statkraft - why join us? from Statkraft on Vimeo.