Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
What we do:
The Back Office Europe & US (MFB) is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, accruing, revenue accounting operations and EU regulatory reporting for all trading and most of origination transaction across Europe. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and different Finance units.
The BackOffice Revenue Accounting Operations department assures quality and correct implementation of Revenue Accounting principles within the Back-Office Operations. The department will ensure good and thorough quality controls on the net operating revenues at portfolio, segments and company level. These figures are one of the main deliveries of Back Office Europe & US.
The Department plays an important role in the interface with other Finance & Accounting Departments in Statkraft.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the department Back Office Revenue Accounting Operations Europe & US.
- Implement and follow up changes impacting Back Office Revenue Accounting Operations across different countries and entities.
- Providing knowledge and advice towards the different Back Office teams regarding Revenue Accounting principles or changes. Identify SAP development needs to ensure high quality in our figures.
- Ensure robust and cost-efficient processes for the department.
- Overall control of Intra/intercompany transactions across our different entities.
- Follow up on the team KPIs, engage the team in continuous improvement and promote operational excellence.
- Serving as a coach and a sparring partner for the team. Ability to work cross functionally with end ot end understanding.
- Master degree level in Accounting, Finance, Controlling, Business Administration or Economics
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Revenue Accounting processes with a good understanding of IFRS principles and local GAAP rules in different countries in Europe and in the US.
- Profound leadership experience, preferably in a multinational environment with a proven track record in coaching, developing and motivating team members. Your will lead managers in this role
- Excellent knowledge of different trading and origination products and commodities in the energy market, banking or trading companies
- Ability to think strategically and build effective relations in a multi-cultural environment and across various locations in the organization
- Fluent English communication skills, any additional European language like Norwegian, German, Dutch is an advantage
- Highly skilled in understanding different reconciliation procedures in order to guide and empower the team to deliver high quality results
- Self-motivated, ability to motivate others and drive change forward
- Willingness to travel frequently. Direct reports and relevant stakeholder are located in different locations
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
Statkraft - why join us? from Statkraft on Vimeo.