Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4000 employees in 17 countries. Our aim is to become a leading developer of onshore wind and solar projects, taking on a significantly larger number of projects than before.
Statkraft Ireland Ltd. is currently seeking an IT Support Coordinator on a Permanent basis based in our Cork office at the Airport Business Park. As the IT Support Coordinator; your main duties will be to provide dedicated "Hands and Feet" support and services for our Ireland and UK locations.
- Handle issues requiring local physical presence and be available for the Customer's users requiring IT support and assistance.
- Provide desktop swap-out, Level 2 hardware and system software support (to include but not limited to Engineering workstations, laptops, desktops, smart phones/Tablets and other devices as mutually agreed and defined) coordinated through the Service Desk.
- For desktop and servers, perform upgrades not covered by installation services purchased. The Contractor shall not be held liable for any accidental damages or voiding of warranties.
- Provide informal End User training on wireless device and laptops.
- Provide technical support for special events such as annual meetings, Board meetings, training sessions, for both internal/ external End Users, etc., subject to advance notification.
- Rack mounting/unmounting of servers/network & Security/ backup &storage devices.
- Troubleshoot/repair laptop, printer hardware & software issues.
- Install network patch cables as necessary for equipment installations.
- Maintain the record of Patch installation sheet & Hardware dashboard/ Rack layout.
- Manage/maintain the record of device labelling and patch cord labelling.
- Maintain the IT Infrastructure of meeting rooms, by periodic verification, cabling/video conference tests, escalation and interaction with external providers.
- Participate in and support testing of safety systems located in local server rooms.
- Evaluate/monitor heating and cooling systems for Office and Data room facilities to ensure they are operational and can meet equipment temperature conditions.
- Manage/monitor access controls, surveillance systems and other security measures to maintain the integrity of company information.
- Maintain daily health check report of work operations, events, and logs in order to produce concise reports.
- Maintain accurate inventory of work tools, equipment, and devices.
- Keep cabling structure organized and tide in the server's room, office and meeting rooms etc.
- Coordination in creating tickets and interacting IPBX supplier to solve eventual incidents with landline services (IPBX, IP phone devices, phone lines, etc).
- Work as a Hands & Eye support for remote L2/L3 teams.
- Relevant third level IT qualification with outstanding results.
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant work experience in a similar field of supporting end users in a fast-paced organisation.
- Proactive and solution orientated with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication, relationship building (including multi-team player) and people skills.
- Well organised and target oriented; strong ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth.
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation.
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background.
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.