Statkraft is Europe's largest generator of renewable energy from hydro, wind, and solar power. We are 3600 employees in 16 countries across the globe. Our aim is to become a leading developer of onshore wind and solar projects, taking on a significantly larger number of projects than before.
The business area European Wind and Solar (E) is responsible for development and ownership of wind and solar assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and development of new business opportunities.
We are now expanding in a number of European markets and need an Assistant Project Manager, Wind and Solar on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract to strengthen the business area’s Project Development team. The team is responsible for the project execution of large renewables projects in Statkraft of wind and solar development from early phase to investment decision. You will report to the Head of Development, Ireland.
This role is ideally suited to candidates who have recently graduated University with between 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in Renewable Energy.
As an Assistant Project Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Work on the development of wind and solar renewable energy projects through site selection, securing land and grid access, consenting, engineering, procurement and securing a sufficiently attractive business case for investment decision.
- Manage the environmental assessment process for wind and solar developments.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure timely and within budget Project Development including project reporting.
- Support other members of the Statkraft team in the early stage development including land negotiations, grid assessment, wind monitoring & community engagement.
- Lead on the scoping of work packages of third-party consultants.
- Manage the third-party consultants undertaking onsite assessments and environmental studies.
- Work with the technical design team to finalize the design of the projects.
- General contribution to the development of wind and solar competence in Statkraft, including development and maintenance of high environmental and HSE standards.
- Masters/University degree in engineering or natural sciences with outstanding results.
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant work experience in a similar field of managing renewable-energy development projects with an excellent application of Share-point, MS Excel and other MS applications.
- Keen interest and affinity in working with renewables in particular the planning processes and environmental assessments of wind and solar renewable energy projects.
- Proactive and solution orientated with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication, relationship building (including multi-team player) and people skills.
- Well organised and target oriented; strong ability to prioritize.
- Ability to concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations and risk/benefit, both in written and verbal format to project teams.
- Independent self-starter with a clear ability to manage a large workload, often providing support to processes managed by colleagues, while prioritizing tasks and effectively juggling competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth.
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation.
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background.
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructre and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.