Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4100 employees in 17 countries.
The Network & Datacenter department is part of the Statkraft IT Department, which consist of 200 highly engaged employees. Statkraft IT is the Statkraft Group’s IT service provider and Digitalization Centre of Expertise, delivering a full set of services from business development, change management, projects, application development to operational services. The Network and Datacenter department is responsible for architecture, roadmaps, design and service implementations globally. We identify new opportunities and future enhancements, and ensure that they are implemented in a way that improves performance, stability, security and usability. We also define architecture and standards within the areas of network, telephony and data centers/rooms, incl. storage and backup solutions, supporting local and global requirements.
We are now looking to strengthen our Network and Datacenter Engineering team and you will be part of a dynamic environment collaborating with a large IT environment in continuous development.
You will report to Head of Network & datacenters.
As a Senior Network Engineer, your main responsibilities will be;
- Advisory, design and implementation of large scale enterprise network with exposure to Network Security, Firewalls, Proxy , IPS devices and remote access solutions
- Advisory, design and implementation of Enterprise Data Centre Network with Exposure to Muti-Vendor Firewalls (Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Fortinet) and cloud-based security
- Focus on standardization of process, procedures, and documentation
- The possibilitites to innovate, «think out of the box», try new solutions & tecnologies in a safe and dynamic environment
- Advanced troubleshooting to support our network operations team
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant IT discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
- Deep knowledge in routing, switching, WLANs, VPNs, Firewalls and network security
- Solid experience with implementation and operation of large and complex networks, based on Cisco products
- Network certification (CCNP or similar)
- MS Azure certification (AZ-104, AZ-303, AZ-304)
- Ability to oversee and deliver on complex projects
- ITIL v3 knowledge and experience
- MPLS experience preferred
- General Knowledge on Scripting and Software Defined for DC technologies
- Telecom experience valued
- Experience from SolarWinds and ServiceNOW valued
- Self-driven and energetic, able to perform under pressure
- Service minded, friendly and pollite attitude
- Fluent communication in Norwegian and English, both oral and writing
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A secure and dynamic work enviroment
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.