Statkraft have recently announced its new corporate strategy, with the aim to strengthen its position as a leading renewable energy company. Statkraft is already the largest producer of renewable energy in Europe and is planning to develop an additional 4 GW onshore wind capacity and about 2 GW solar power within 2025 globally.
Large growth is planned in Europe (namely Italy, France, Germany, Spain, and The Netherlands), and we are pursuing both organic growth as well as potential M&A opportunities to reach the target.
The business area European Wind and Solar (E) is responsible for development and ownership of wind and solar assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and development of new business opportunities.
For our Italian solar and wind team, we are currently looking to hire
Senior Project Developer
- Prospect large sites for PV/Wind projects, managing the development process for secured projects from land closing to Commencement of Construction
- Monitor and coordinate the development of the Statkraft project portfolio: wind and solar projects coming from M&A, co-developments or own development until reaching RtB status and support effectively with internal teams in preparation for construction and provide assistance until COD
- Effectively and professionally manage relationships with external stakeholders, including development partners, public entities (state, regional and local), legal and technical advisors and land-owners
- Driving progress on the projects by coordinating different work-streams with other internal departments (e.g. Commercial, Engineering, Legal, Procurement, etc.)
- Ensuring economic viability of projects/pipeline opportunities (taking ownership on assumptions used for a technical and financial assessment and managing internally the respective approval processes)
- Define development budget and manage costs and cashflow within it. Manage internal pipeline reporting
- Provide and further develop an in-depth knowledge of local market legislation, regulations, support schemes etc.
- Development – Deep understanding of ‘greenfield’ development process for solar PV and wind farm projects in Italy (including site control, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.). Good knowledge of associated business development costs
- Management – Good Project Management skills
- Energy Markets – knowledge of the electricity market in Italy, including but not limited to interaction with grid operators (TERNA and E-distribuzione), knowledge of the Italian regulation and development roadmaps
- PV/WIND Technology – Demonstrated deep knowledge of solar/wind technology and costs (e.g. panels, WTGs BOS, EPC, O&M). Basic knowledge of ancillary technologies (e.g. batteries, T&D networks, hybrids, etc.)
- Corporate Environment – Fully accustomed to work in an international corporate environment with very good interpersonal and communication skills, strictly following internal processes, respecting compliance policies, etc.
- Professional and personal development in an exciting European energy company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment, career growth and excellent benefit schemes
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
For further information about the position, please contact our HR-Advisor Luigi Colasanto via e-mail email@example.com
For us, the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, be challenged and apply via the green “Apply now” button in the ad.