Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
The Back Office Europe & US (MFB) is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, accruing, revenue accounting operations and EU regulatory reporting for all trading and most of origination transaction across Europe. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and different Finance units.
The Regulatory Operations unit is responsible for analysis and execution of the EU and US regulatory regimes for the energy and finance sector. This scopes EMIR, REMIT, MiFID regulations as well as those under the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Operate and develop all relevant obligations under the following regulatory regimes as a shared service for the Statkraft Group: EMIR/REFIT, REMIT, MIFID II, Dodd-Frank
- Ensure regulatory reporting processes are well documented, controlled and efficient
- Monitor and analyse reports and recommend process, system and/or automation improvements
- Introduce and own continuous improvement measures
- Follow up on and integrate regulatory changes
- Support the implementation of new business initiatives in relation to regulatory reporting and compliance
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot data integrity and system issues that impact on reports
- Collaborate and build robust relationships with closely related business areas, such as Trading/Front Office, Compliance, and IT
- Relevant university degree, e.g. in business administration or engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the energy sector or the banking industry
- Ability to prepare reports and statistical information for a variety of stakeholders
- Advanced computer skills, particularly a demonstrated ability to manage complex and multiple data sets and the ability to undertake data validation
- Experience in process digitization such as automation of manual reporting processes or implementation of automated reconciliations including collaboration with IT and other business stakeholders
- Ideally you are familiar with relevant lean management tools and agile ways of working.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, reliable team player with experience working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written); A second fluent language would be of advantage (e.g. German, Norwegian, French or Spanish)
- Your proactive and consequent solution-oriented attitude coupled with a clear sense of ownership as well as the ability to anticipate operational and processual risks round off your profile
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes