Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
The main activities of the Business Area Markets and IT
are energy management for Statkraft’s assets, trading & origination and market access services in Europe, USA, South America, India, and Turkey. In addition, the business area contains local business support, finance & risk support, and IT services. In M there are more than 700 employees.
What we do:
The Back Office Europe & US is the processing engine for all commercial transactions, being the next ones in the processing chain after Commercial departments have concluded the energy commodity contracts. Back Office is responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, revenue accounting operations and EU regulatory reporting for transactions across Europe and the US. In a quick and changing environment, Back office is building the bridge between our Commercial departments (sales) and Finance & Risk units.
The Back Office Process Management & Operational Excellence department is responsible to support and drive innovation, operational excellence and continues improvement in our organization. It works cross-functionally across the whole Back Office Europe & US.
- You are keen to jump into the details of what happens after our commercial units have concluded the contracts
- You will deal closely with multiple teams operating these contracts, organizing workshops to analyze the post-trade processes (from entry to trading systems all the way up to reporting) in all markets where we operate.
- The analyses of the post-trade processes will probably yield to a number of improvement suggestions from the involved experts, thus the expectation is that you are able to keep track and follow up the improvement suggestions.
- To get traction on the improvement suggestions, you will facilitate the prioritisation of the key suggestions as well as facilitate finding resources and support to execute the improvements.
- In case of inconsistencies or unclarities in the post-trade processes, you will facilitate finding mutually the solution with the involved parties.
- You will create communication channels where the key insights from the analyses are shared
- Become a partner of discussion and promote best practices regarding post trade execution
- University degree in business administration, engineering or science
- Proven track record in process analysis and continuous improvement
- Ideally understanding of core transactional processes relating to energy trading, though this is something that you will also learn here
- Good communication skills and ability to build strong relations across the organization, also relying on your good sense of humor and your flexible attitude
- Efficient time management and a can-do attitude, ensuring that the key results are delivered
- Experience in project management is preferred
- Business fluent in English (verbally and in writing)
- Some travelling will be required as team members are based in several Statkraft offices across Europe
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility, and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.