Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft, with its headquarters in Norway, is a global company in energy market operations and a leading trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates as well as a broad range of structured products.
Statkraft supports a global transition towards a low-carbon economy by offering renewable and sustainable energy solutions. Renewable energy is key to combat climate change, and Statkraft is part of the solution to powering a green future. Working for Statkraft makes you part of this transition. Statkraft offers exciting work prospects in an innovative and international environment with high ethical standards.
Statkraft has 4500 employees in 17 countries.
Due to growth of our Netherlands activities we are currently looking for a new hiring position of
Senior Financial Accountant (full-time)
As a Senior Financial Advisor at Statkraft Amsterdam you will be part of the local finance team of 4 employees. The team is responsible for the financial, tax and group reporting for the main Dutch entity, Statkraft Markets BV, as well as for Wind & Solar project companies in the Netherlands.
The role of Senior Financial Advisor is responsible for processes relating to the accounting and administration function. This includes (but is not limited to) the following areas of responsibility and tasks:
- Financial accounting and reporting in IFRS and Dutch GAAP in SAP ERP;
- Group reporting in IFRS to the Corporate Finance dept. in Cognos;
- Preparation, verification and filing of CIT and VAT returns and other tax forms, liaison with internal and external tax advisors/auditors;
- Preparation of annual accounts and related appointed tasks;
- Preparation of various statistical reports for external agencies;
- Support in the creation of start-up entities and cost allocation to projects;
- Support with maintaining the internal control framework;
- Work on ad hoc queries and coordinate reporting processes with other functions and departments.
- We are looking for an energetic person who is willing to take on a new challenge in the rapidly growing industry of renewable energy;
- Educational level at relevant HBO+ level (Bachelor level + additional relevant reporting knowledge), preferably in “Bedrijfseconomie” or Accountancy or another comparable edcuation;
- At least 4-5 years of experience in financial accounting - preferably in a medium-sized enterprise of a large international group;
- Experience with tax returns CIT, VAT, wage tax;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing is required;
- Experience with SAP FI is a distinctive advantage and you are proficient in Excel and familiar with standard MS office software solutions;
- Self-driven and structured with focus on results and continuous improvement;
- Reliable, flexible, pro-active and committed.
- Professional and personal development opportunities in a group of companies that is growing internationally;
- A financially stable company with a clear long-term ambition to be part of the fast-changing energy business;
- A positive working environment characterised by expertise, professionalism, collegiality, responsibility, innovation and motivation;
- An office located in the Amsterdam Zuidas area – the financial centre of the country and one of Amsterdam’s prime international business districts;
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background;
- Competitive terms of remuneration and employment benefits.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Starting date: asap
Closing date for application: 25th June 2021