Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4500 employees in 17 countries.
We are currently looking to hire a
Consultant- Origination (m/f)
As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft has been in India since 2004 and was the first foreign investor in Indian hydropower sector. The objective is to become a significant independent power producer in India over the next few years.
Your role –
As a Consultant - Origination, you will have explicit P&L responsibility and shall report to Senior Manager-Origination. You will be responsible to generate leads and conclude deals with approved counterparties on Statkraft Markets service offerings. You will also be responsible to innovate and customize products and services that can be successfully delivered to Statkraft Markets’ target clients to meet its annual revenue targets. Your role includes developing a strong stakeholder network and relationships across Power Market in India. You will initially be based in Ahmedabad or Vadodara in Gujarat.
Key accountabilities and expectations of your role also include:
- Actively engage and contribute to the team of Originators
- Actively coordinate with other teams like Operations, Risk Management, and Finance
- Actively engage with clients and maintain a growing pipeline of customers
- To be accountable for the quality of delivery and results achieved by the Business Origination team
- Originate new deals, identify new opportunities, assess, and develop new products that Statkraft can offer to its clients; identify risk mitigation measures and ensure the competitiveness of deals
- Coordinate with relevant authorities (SLDC/DISCOMS etc) for operational support to the business
- Ensure Statkraft Code of Conduct and Business Policies are followed closely and strictly
- Adhering to the needs of proper documentation and reporting as per Company processes
- University degree with prior experience of the Indian power sector
- 2+ years of experience in contracting with Renewable Generators, Independent Power Producers (IPPs), Distribution Utilities and large Commercial & Industrial Consumers
- Ability to quickly grasp the commercial aspects of the transaction and identify workable solutions for risk mitigation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to gain understanding through listening, and to communicate technical concepts clearly
- Extensive experience in developing network and conclude value-creating business
- Demonstrated high levels of integrity, sound judgment and an honest and ethical approach
- Proficiency in Gujarati will be an advantage and willingness to relocate to other offices of Statkraft in India will be preferred.
- Professional and personal development in a multinational company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility, and innovation
- A diverse workplace about gender, age, and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
- One-year employment contract with further extension subject to candidate’s performance.
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Location: Ahmedabad or Vadodara, Gujarat (operating from home)
Contact: Apoorve Bhatnagar / Anju Singh