The Digitalization unit (MTD) is a newly established unit in the Trading and Origination department in Statkraft (MT) with the core focus of driving digitalization in the department. Digitalization will be crucial for MT to deliver on its strategic targets of expanding the proprietary trading and customer business. MTD will speak the language of both business and IT and build strong skills within business knowledge, quantitative methodology and technology.
In the Data & Analytics team in MTD (MTDD) we are looking for a Data Manager/Data Steward who will be responsible for ensuring availability and quality of MT’s data assets, and to take lead on implementation of new data for MT.
The position can be located both in Oslo or Dusseldorf.
Data Manager/Data Steward
- Be responsible for ensuring the quality of MT’s common data assets, data sets and data elements (including metadata)
- Capture, report and follow up missing data from our data providers
- Configure data export to destination database(s) and monitoring for MT’s data assets
- Plan and enforce naming conventions of data assets
- Govern and oversee MT’s data assets, technical data solutions, existing datasets, data environments and data procedures relevant for MT
- Define the technical requirements to MI (IT department), coordinate, prioritize and ensure operationalization of data to production systems when relevant
- Coordinate with Data Vendor Management for sourcing of data
- Ensure data usage is within license requirements
- Relevant education and work experience in the area of Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Good understanding of the trading business and commodity markets/various asset classes
- Experience with working with data management and market data in commodity markets. Good understanding of data, data structures & data storage
- Experience with timeseries and cross-sectional types of data from other asset classes or business areas
- Programming expertise is beneficial but not required, in particular Python.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate well across various environments
- Fluent in English both oral and in writing - other languages an advantage
- An opportunity to influence the framework conditions for renewable energy and contributing to a greener society
- Professional and personal development in an exciting global company
- Career and learning opportunities at various levels of the organization
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- A working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation and a strong commercial culture
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
For further information about the position, please contact Torun Revdal, VP Digitalisation T&O - e-mail: email@example.com or via mobile +47 97181856.
Challenged? Please apply via the green "Apply now" button in the ad.