The Strategic Market Analysis team is responsible for Statkraft’s long-term view of the development of power markets within which it operates. This includes developing a long-term view of power prices and high-quality insights to support business strategy and commercial processes. The Strategic Market Analysis (CSA) unit is split into three regional areas: Nordics, Europe (Continental Europe, Great Britain & Ireland), Emerging Markets. We are recruiting a senior manager to lead the European team of 3-4 employees.
The head of Strategic Market Analysis Europe reports to the VP of Strategic Market Analysis.
About your role:
The purpose of this role is to lead the European team in CSA and to carry out long term power market analysis (qualitative and quantitative) for the region. This includes:
- Project management of the European / Nordic long-term market analysis (LPF)
- Close monitoring of energy / power market development, identifying market trends, undertaking power market modelling, interpreting results, and drawing out strategic implications
- Lead on upgrading and developing current analytical methods, models, and deliveries
- Developing analyses and background material to support valuations, risk assessment, business development and strategy processes
- Taking part in country specific strategy and commercial processes by close cooperation with decision makers supporting them with market analyses and perspectives
- Support to auction analysis and development of the auction excellence function in CSA
- Master’s degree in science, economics, engineering or similar with good results
- At least 8 - 10 years relevant work experience
- In-depth power market experience and understanding with the ability to identify improvement needs in CSA
- Experience with power market modelling (Bid3 of preference) and coding skills (Python or similar)
- Positive attitude with the ability to cooperate well with others, motivate employees and create a good working environment
- Highly structured, analytical, thorough and result oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including slide production and memos
- Strong personal integrity and high ethical standards
What we offer:
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility, and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age, and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and good benefit schemes
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorization.
The position will be located at the head office at Lilleaker. Some travel will be required.
For further information please contact Caroline Østlie, phone 907878348. To apply, please submit your CV and application via www.statkraft.com; “Careers – Job vacancies” within 20 August 2021.