Statkraft is Europe's largest generator of renewable energy from hydro, wind, and solar power. Our aim is to become a leading developer of onshore wind and solar projects, taking on a significantly larger number of projects than before.
Beginning with a Norwegian waterfall in the 1890s, we’ve built our business on providing clean, green energy that protects our environments and the communities we operate in. And we have stayed committed to that mission from the very start and never deviated – staying 100% renewable. Through harnessing more power from hydro, solar, wind, and biowaste, we’ve helped to lift societies out of poverty, provided thousands of jobs for people around the world, and given people access to the clean electricity they need to thrive. But there’s more work to be done – which is where you come in.
The business area European Wind and Solar (E) is responsible for the development and ownership of wind and solar assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and the development of new business
Overall Job Purpose / Role:
The Senior Financial Accountant will be part of the local finance team of 3 members and will support the Head of Unit Reporting Italy in all aspects of the day to day financial control, Corporate, Tax and Statutory reporting for the Italian Group.
The place will be Milano Office.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
• Financial accounting and reporting in IFRS and Italian GAAP in SAP ERP.
• Monthly and quarterly VAT, WHT, Intrastat and Esterometro activities (autoliquidazioni, comunicazioni).
• Group reporting in IFRS to the Corporate Finance dept. in Cognos.
• Preparation, verification and filing of CIT (IRES/IRAP) and VAT returns and other tax forms, liaison with internal and external tax advisors/auditors.
• Preparation, verification and sending the WHT certificates for self-employed professionals (CU per lavoro autonomo) as well as WHT return as WHT agent.
• Perform accounting tasks to ensure accuracy and compliance (incl. booking AR and AP invoice, bank reconciliation, Fixed Assets book and depreciation, payments to suppliers).
• Preparation of annual accounts IFRS and IT GAAP (Bilancio civilistico) and related appointed tasks.
• Preparation of various statistical reports for external agencies.
• Support in the creation of start-up entities and cost allocation to projects.
• Support with maintaining the internal control framework.
• Support the Head of Reporting Unit Italy, Finance business partner, Group Finance in cash planning, forecasting and budgeting.
• Work on ad hoc queries and coordinate reporting processes with other functions and departments.
• Support business controller team analysing monthly results.
Skills (including Specialist Skills) / Experience / Attributes:
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (experience in a multinational company and/or Accounting consultant experience will be a plus).
• Strong knowledge of the Local Accounting Standards and Tax rules (knowledge of IFRS will be a plus).
• SAP basic knowledge will be a plus.
• Good knowledge and hands-on of Excel and reporting systems.
• Flexible, proactive, and self-motivated with excellent organisational skills.
• Team player, ability to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Fluent in Italian and English.
What We Offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.