Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in Back Office
The Back Office Europe & US (MFB) is the process engine for all commercial transactions. We are responsible for validation of the transactions, clearing and collaterals, contract settlements, billing, accruing, revenue accounting operations and EU regulatory reporting for all trading and most of origination transaction across Europe. In a quick and changing environment we are building the bridge between our commercial departments and different Finance units.
The Regulatory Operations unit is responsible for analysis and execution of the EU and US regulatory regimes for the energy and finance sector. This scopes EMIR, REMIT, MiFID regulations as well as those under the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Operate and develop all relevant obligations under the following regulatory regimes as a shared service for the Statkraft Group: EMIR/REFIT, REMIT, MIFID II, Dodd-Frank (GNV- and, De-Minimis Calculation including)
- Ensure regulatory reporting processes are well documented, controlled and efficient
- Monitor and analyse reports and recommend process-, system- and/or automation improvements
- Introduce and own continuous improvement measures
- Follow up on and integrate regulatory changes
- Support the implementation of new business initiatives in relation to regulatory reporting and compliance
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot data integrity and system issues that impact on reports
- Collaborate and build robust relationships with closely related business areas, such as Trading/Front Office, Compliance, and IT
- Relevant university degree, e.g. in business administration or engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the energy sector or the banking industry
- Advanced computer skills, particularly a demonstrated ability to manage complex and multiple data sets and the ability to undertake data validation
- Experience in process digitization such as automation of manual reporting processes or implementation of automated reconciliations including collaboration with IT and other business stakeholders
- Ideally you are familiar with relevant lean management tools and agile ways of working.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, reliable team player with experience working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills in German and English (verbal and written)
- Your proactive and consequent solution-oriented attitude coupled with a clear sense of ownership as well as the ability to anticipate operational and processual risks round off your profile
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.