Head – Wind Development
As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft has been in India since 2004 and was the first foreign investor in Indian hydropower sector. The objective is to become a significant renewable independent power producer in India over the next few years.
The role represents a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth by being a part of the team involved in business & project development activities in India, focusing on green field wind projects.
Your main responsibilities:
- Contribute in developing targets and business plan for wind/hybrid power for Statkraft in India;
- Develop and refine wind/hybrid power business model considering Indian market practices and Statkraft’s way of doing business;
- Lead/manage the implementation of wind/hybrid business plan including:
- development of key business relationships with stakeholders like wind developers, land aggregators and other vendors/suppliers;
- identification of potential wind sites/developers for acquisition and project development;
- site feasibility, process/structure for acquisition of selected sites in coordination with global subject matter experts in Statkraft;
- Lead/manage project development activities including:
- managing development of specific sites and projects;
- in consultation with technical team, design wind measurement campaign, micro-siting, energy yield assessment and estimations for shortlisted WTG models;
- mature selected sites and coordinate finalisation of basic design, transmission line routes, and contract strategy with line with business model and Statkraft principles;
- Monitor industry in terms of market development, new projects, competitive activity, technological changes and new offerings etc.
- Ensure compliance to internal policies and business framework across business development cycle.
Background and Experience
- 15+ years in renewable power industry
- Bachelor in Engineering from a reputed Institute/University and preferably Masters in Business Administration or Management Science
- Experience of developing wind power projects in India
- Expertise on techno-commercial assessment of wind/hybrid energy projects
- Understanding of policies, laws and regulatory framework related to licensing, permits and power sales at state and central level
- Experience of managing teams involving multiple stakeholders across cultures and countries
- Ability to influence subject matter experts across a wide range of issues relating to energy markets in general and specific projects
- Willing to travel, flexible and dynamic
- Good communication and IT skills
The successful candidate will be
- Result oriented power sector professional with strong analytic skills, highly motivated, ability to work independently as well as contributing in a team
- Structured and highly attentive of details
- Experienced in working with service providers like land aggregators, project developers, technical consultants, WTG suppliers and BoP contractors
- In possession of high integrity and committed to enhance company’s overall success
- Professional and personal development in a multinational company experiencing strong growth.
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation.
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background.
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.
- Opportunity to develop and set up a leading wind/hybrid development team
Expected start date: As soon as possible Location: New Delhi - Saket
Contact : Seema Amithkumar Travelling: Frequent travel across India