Solar Project Engineer (D/W/M)
Salary Competitive | Location: Düsseldorf, Germany (Paris or Lyon, France will also be considered)
Statkraft’s Project Delivery department is responsible for the design and construction of our solar, wind, hydro and storage plants across all geographies. Within this department, the solar engineering team is responsible for solar PV plant system design, energy yield analysis, due diligence and quality assurance across procurement, engineering and construction stages.
Are you a Solar Project Engineer with experience in and the ability to design and optimise utility-scale solar PV and solar-storage hybrid systems? If so, this exciting opportunity to join our team, could be your next step to helping solve the climate crisis, together, with Statkraft.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
Working in the Solar Project Delivery Department
You will connect, collaborate and innovate with colleagues across technologies, geographies and markets, working with industry-leading digital solutions. Whether you use your engineering skills to optimise our projects, increase output from our assets, or design tomorrow’s renewable energy solutions, in this role you’ll be at the forefront of leading the shift to renewable energy.
As a Solar Project Engineer, you will play a key role in developing and optimising the design of our ground mounted solar PV projects. Your main focus will be our projects in Germany and France, however, you will also support projects internationally as part of an international solar engineering team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Technical evaluation of sites via site visits and investigations
• New technology evaluation and selection
• Producing of design drawings for Solar PV and hybrid solar PV + storage systems
• Selecting and processing solar irradiation and albedo datasets
• Energy yield estimation and uncertainty analysis
• Preliminary electrical system sizing calculations and producing concept electrical single line diagrams;
• Producing preliminary Bills of Quantities
• Undertaking design health & safety risk assessments
In a supporting capacity your responsibilities will also include:
• Inputs to cost analysis
• Keeping up to date with relevant technology developments
• Producing technical specifications for construction procurement
• Contributing to technical expert working groups and associated toolkit development
• Co-ordination with external consultants and contractors
We look for experienced Solar Project Engineers with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. That includes:
• Degree level qualification in electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, industrial, energy engineering, physics or other relevant technical discipline;
• At least 2 years’ work experience designing ground mounted solar PV plants
• Advanced user of AutoCAD, PVSyst and at least one utility-scale, specialist PV design software package.
• Fluent in German and English - French fluency is an advantage.
• Battery storage design experience
• Experience of solar project procurement, construction, commissioning or operation
• Experience and knowledge of relevant German design codes, regulations and policy
• Achieved or working towards achieving professional chartership or accreditation
• You are intrigued by and pro-actively seek out opportunities for new innovations in solar system design and continuous improvement initiatives.
• You have an ‘eye for detail’ and appreciate the importance of standardisation and quality control.
• You are a self-starter, taking responsibility for planning and managing your day to day work.
• You thrive on a collaborative approach to knowledge sharing and working, both with local teams and remote, international networks of staff.
• Ability to travel regularly to Germany (if located in France).
What we offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
● Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD
● The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
● The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
● Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
● A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
● A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
● Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
Dusseldorf, Germany; Paris, France; Lyon, France
Lilleakerveien 6 0283 Oslo