Talent Acquisition Specialist, Trading & Origination – Europe (m/f/d)
We are excited to be expanding our global Talent Management team within Statkraft’s Trading & Origination (T&O) division.
Trading & Origination is Statkraft’s central commercial unit for proprietary trading of standard and origination of non-standard energy related products and assumes the role of a market integrator for third party renewable and flexible assets encompassing the supply of power and green solutions to customers in Europe and in the US.
Based in Dusseldorf and reporting directly to the VP for Talent Management T&O, we are looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition specialist with prior experience of the Commodities Trading market to work closely with local hiring managers and assume responsibility for their full recruitment cycle. You will use your expertise to identify, source and hire the best talent in the market – come and join us, and shape a career that is truly forward-facing!
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. For us, the ideas of our more than 450 committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. Share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world!
- Own and drive the recruitment strategies across our T&O division in Europe, working closely with the VP for Talent Management to ensure alignment with overall global T&O business and strategic talent plans
- Partner with the business to provide and deliver a ‘best in class’, customer-centric recruitment experience for both hiring managers and candidates within our European operations and the local market
- Proactively utilise data driven methodologies, new technologies and innovative recruitment solutions to ensure we source, attract and recruit the right talent for the role to meet our future Workforce Plan objectives
- Effectively manage relationships with business heads, vendors and candidates to ensure efficient and consistent use of Statkraft’s recruitment and selection processes
- Proactively identify opportunities for new improvements or better ways of working to optimise our recruitment processes
- Effectively represent Statkraft T&O internally and externally at events, with the aim of building potential candidate networks and relationships within the European candidate market. Maintain talent pools to ensure individuals remain engaged and motivated towards our organisation, and the local T&O division
- Provide timely knowledge share with both hiring managers and Talent Management colleagues on market competitor analysis and local hiring trends. Proactively seek market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction, assessment and sourcing methodologies
- University degree within a relevant field
- Strong understanding of commodities trading with prior experience recruiting talent at all levels within the European commodities trading market (either in-house or as a recruitment consultant)
- Ability to effectively and proactively partner with business leaders and HR colleagues to support the achievement of business and talent objectives, whilst still ensuring appropriate compliance with internal and external employment practices
- Commercial mindset, with a passion for Trading and Origination and the Commodities sector
- Good working knowledge of the European commodities market, it’s key participants and recent market developments
- Process driven, with good attention to detail and execution orientated
- Keen ability to foster and maintain effective stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally
- Team player
- Fluent in English, and ideally German language proficient
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including Linkedin Learning and inspiring leadership programs like IMD
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- German language courses for non-native speakers
- Being part of a company proudly certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.