Assistant Manager – Solar Technical
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Statkraft India in solar technical team. This position will be work package responsible for designing of Solar PV plant, LCoE reduction and quality assurance across an international portfolio of projects. This includes working alongside and coordinating with international team and contribute to growing and dynamic Statkraft portfolio.
Your role: The following tasks are part of your job profile:
- Plant generation analysis using PVSyst simulations based on different scenarios including shading analysis using Google Sketch-up
- Configure the Solar plant electrical system and prepare the BOQ for CAPEX and OPEX estimation
- Work on the LCOE reduction using innovative design and value engineering
- Prepare electrical SLD and Solar plant layout using AutoCAD, PVCase and other related software
- Prepare Technical Specifications for design of electrical systems of Solar power plants, including design basis, DC and AC scheme, analysis of grid code, system analysis, value engineering, risk assessment, scope of work preparation, cost and implementation schedule with optimal equipment for site
- Work with the major plant components vendors like Module, Inverters, Transformer etc, to provide best optimized solution
- Reviewing, supporting and quality checking of technical deliverables completed by external consultant and inhouse design.
- Review and approval of EPC contractor proposal, technical deliverables and list of documents as per detail engineering.
- Managing technical quality assurance and project compliance with code and standards and global team guideline. Fully conversant with IS/ IEC and other code
- Ensure equipment and systems are designed in accordance with the current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, together with Statkraft best practices.
- A combination of managing and undertaking technical project tasks throughout the project lifecycle, including: due diligence, site assessment, design, yield analysis, specifications and construction monitoring.
- Master’s in electrical/bachelor’s in electrical. Extensive experience may compensate for lack of theoretical education.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in Engineering, Design and Construction of Solar power plants.
- Experience with industry specific software such as PVsyst, PV case, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Helioscope.
- Self-starter with ability to work with commitment and accuracy under pressure with a high degree of self-motivation, while operating as a team player at all times.
- Embrace Statkraft values; High focus on HSE, high integrity and ethical standard
At Statkraft, we’re always looking for people with great social and communication skills. People who love to lead, teach and help others learn.
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the Organisation including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leaderships program like IMD.
- positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation.
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working solutions, parental leave and work life balance principles.
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
For us the ideas of our committed and ambitious colleagues make the difference. If you want to share our passion for renewable energy and be a part of tomorrow’s energy world, please apply through our online application form.
Please note: Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorization.
Location – Bangalore
Last date of application: 15-April-22
Contact: Seema Amithkumar