We are pleased to announce that we are now looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Wind Project Developer to join our Winderful team in Statkraft Spain! Our Offices in Spain are in Valencia and Madrid and we work on a “hybrid work” mode (home/office based) with regular travel within Spain and occasionally abroad required for the position.
- wish to bring and grow your expertise and talent to nourish our common vision of providing pure energy towards a green future
- embrace with enthusiasm and curiosity the knowledge from other renewable energy experts across the company and beyond within a multicultural environment
- have an entrepreneurial, open-minded and problem-solving mindset with a strong willingness to learn and have new experiences
- consider communication and relationship management as powerful tools to reach your goal
- care about your continuous own development while working as a passionate team player
then joining Statkraft and being on the right side of the climate change is your value-based choice.
As a Wind Project Developer , you will proactively develop Statkraft’s wind development portfolio in Spain and Portugal, providing EPC and development revenue. You will be directly responsible for impacting the company’s growth, profitability and strategic direction. This position requires regular travel within Spain.
Key activities that you will be managing:
- Development and permitting process supervision of the Iberian Wind and Hybrid pipeline
- Support to the Origination of new wind portfolio (including M&A activities)
- Negotiation of sub-contractor roles responsibilities and deliverables;
- Communication with relevant stakeholders (public authorities, municipalities, politics, landowners and services providers);
- Acquisition and negotiation of land lease agreements and project rights with leading external field representatives.
- Prospection and negotiation of co-development agreements;
- Identifying and define the portfolio route-to-market and business model
- Identification and negotiation with potential investors
- Development of an in-depth knowledge of the local market legislation, regulations, subsidiary schemes etc.;
- Presentation and reporting on projects towards the internal investment committee;
- Control on costs and cashflow within the development budget.
About your experience:
We are looking for relevant professional expertise in the following areas:
- Development – Deep understanding of ‘greenfield’ development process for wind farm projects in Spain (including site control, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.). Good knowledge of associated business development costs. Experience in hybrid (PV and wind) and BESS projects will be considered as an advantage.
- Commercial: proactive business-oriented mindset and negotiation skills.
- Management – Brilliant Project Management skills on large scale utility size projects.
- Energy Markets - Knowledge of the electricity market in Spain, including but not limited to interaction with grid operators (TSO and distribution companies), knowledge of the Spanish regulatory framework and development roadmaps.
- Wind Technology - Demonstrated knowledge of Wind technology and costs. Basic knowledge of ancillary technologies (e.g. batteries, T&D networks, hybrids, etc.).
- Corporate Environment –Accustomed to work in an international corporate environment with very good interpersonal and communication skills.
Ultimately, having good experience in project development and a virtuous track record when it comes to delivery, contractual negotiation and closing are vital for this role.
What we offer:
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, but a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future.
Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy and offer to our team:
- Professional and personal development within the Europe's largest generator of renewable energy
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Location: Madrid preferred but also possible to be based in Valencia. Hybrid work (home/office) scheme is available.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.