Location: Flexible in Italy
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
Working in European Wind and Solar
Statkraft recently announced its new corporate strategy, with the aim to strengthen its position as a leading renewable energy company. Statkraft is already the largest producer of renewable energy in Europe and is planning to develop an additional 4 GW onshore wind capacity and about 2 GW solar power within 2025 globally. The majority of the growth is planned in Europe (mainly Italy, France, Germany, Spain and the Netherlands), and we are pursuing both organic growth as well as potential M&A opportunities to reach the target.
The business area European Wind and Solar is responsible for development and ownership of wind and solar assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and development of new business opportunities.
As a Senior Solar Project Developer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Prospect large sites for PV projects, managing the development process for secured projects from land closing to Commencement of Construction
- Monitor and coordinate the development of the Statkraft solar projects portfolio coming from M&A, co-developments or own development until reaching RtB status and support effectively with internal teams in preparation for construction and provide assistance until COD
- Effectively and professionally manage relationships with external stakeholders, including development partners, public entities (state, regional and local), legal and technical advisors and landowners
- Coordinating Due Diligence activities, when required, related to the acquisitions of new projects or to the greenfield origination of new sites
- Driving progress on the projects by coordinating different work-streams with other internal departments (e.g. Commercial, Engineering, Legal, Procurement, etc.)
- Ensuring economic viability of projects/pipeline opportunities (taking ownership on assumptions used for a technical and financial assessment and managing internally the respective approval processes)
- Define development budget and manage costs and cashflow within it. Manage internal pipeline reporting
- Provide and further develop an in-depth knowledge of local market legislation, regulations, support schemes etc.
- Manage the usual contracts involved in project development activities such as Land agreements, Interconnection agreements, DSA, SPA, Framework agreements, etc.
Please note that frequent travels to the project sites and to stakeholders will be required.
- Development – Deep understanding of ‘greenfield’ development process for solar PV and/or wind farm projects in Italy (including site control, securing interconnection, permitting process, etc.). Good knowledge of associated business development costs
- Management – Good Project Management skills
- Energy Markets – knowledge of the electricity market in Italy, including but not limited to interaction with grid operators (TERNA and E-distribuzione), knowledge of the Italian regulation and development roadmaps
- PV/WIND Technology – Demonstrated deep knowledge of solar/wind technology and costs (e.g. panels, WTGs BOS, EPC, O&M). Basic knowledge of ancillary technologies (e.g. batteries, T&D networks, hybrids, etc.)
- Corporate Environment – Fully accustomed to work in an international corporate environment with very good interpersonal and communication skills, strictly following internal processes, respecting compliance policies, etc.
- Innovative way of thinking to bring projects to Ready to Build proposing new solutions to old problems.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work with renewable energy and contribute to a low emission society
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organization including LinkedIn learning and inspiring leadership programs
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
- A working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit scheme
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.