Consultant- Land Acquisition
Bengaluru - India | Contractual Role
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4800 employees in 19 countries.
As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft has been in India since 2004 and was the first foreign investor in Indian hydropower sector. The objective is to become a significant independent power producer in India over the next few years.
Our business enablers are the backbone to everything we do at Statkraft, providing seamless and value-adding work to the organisation and playing an important role in our mission towards a carbon free future. Whatever your area, you’ll provide the dedicated services and strategic support that our global and rapidly growing organisation needs to make the future greener.
Statkraft has been making clean energy possible for over a century. That’s what we offer. 125 years of unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy. Because in the fight against climate change, we don’t see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match.
But there’s more work to be done – that’s why we need you to join us.
As a Consultant- Land Acquisition, you would be involved in:
- Assisting Head of Land, Licences & Permits (Solar & Wind), in the entire acquisition process starting from land sourcing, legality, feasibility study and closure of deal.
- Identification of Business Development opportunities for Joint Development/ Outright land purchase. Understand the business potential of the land.
- Possess necessary skillsets to understand the potential of the land as to its suitability for Wind Power Projects (Work in tandem with GIS & Tech team to select the perfect combination of land & Connectivity availability).
- Sourcing of land opportunities for Joint Development. Liaise and build relationships with Land Consultants/ Wind Site Developers to acquire business leads and secure sufficient lead time to make purchase decisions
- Supervise Land Consultant and report weekly progress to Head- Land and L&P
- Negotiation with landowners and Survey of Land.
- Possess necessary skill sets to understand as to what kind of approvals are required for the Land Acquisition, registration and Project Execution Permits.
- Fencing, Possession & Sale/ Lease Deed Document Registration.
- Work closely with the Legal Department to ensure comprehensive due diligence and vetting of land documents, M OUs and addressing litigation issues with landowners.
- Work closely with the Government affairs department for obtaining approvals, clearances and licenses from the Government and Regulatory Authorities for the land acquisition and project.
- To take ownership of Government Relations and Approvals Process for establishing and operation of Wind, Solar, Hybrid power projects in Gujarat.
- The role needs the ability to articulate clearly the Goals, vision and Mission of Statkraft and position Statkraft as a reliable investor, in India and Gujarat.
- Build a positive image and perception of the company in Government Departments.
- Would be responsible for building and maintaining comfortable working relation with State Government departments to facilitate meetings of Statkraft Management and Senior Government Officers while maintaining highest standards of ethics and Integrity in accordance with the Statkraft Way.
We look for experienced personnel with the essential skills to future-proof our business and renewable energy solutions. That includes:
- Educational qualification, preferably BSc./ B.Tech/ LLB/ MBA
- 8-10 years’ experience in Land Acquisition & basic knowledge of License & Permits
- Expertise of Solar & Wind Power Project Land acquisition.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Possess excellent communication skills to communicate with landowners.
- Knowledge of real estate concepts and geographical knowledge of Gujarat.
- Prepare financial reports including feasibility sheet, pricing, land analysis and
- Must have experience of closing land deals of min 100-500 Acres capacity.
- Must have a good exposure of the Word / PowerPoint / Excel / Google earth – KMZ, Reviewing of AutoCAD file etc.
- Willing to relocate to Chhattisgarh and other states on short notice.
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- Unlimited learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation including LinkedIn Learning and inspiring leaderships program.
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds.
- The opportunity to work somewhere with pride, and to be able to honestly say “My work is contributing to saving the planet”.
- A work culture that puts emphasis on the individual, offering flexible working
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Contacts: Nishtha Marwaha
Last date to submit applications: 10th August 2022